Who we are
Claims Carbon is the first insurance focused climate tech startup helping insurers reach net-zero in their entire value chain.
Our software stack calculates the size of the climate challenge and opportunity in the ecosystem of an insurance company. Moreover, it helps in target setting and follow up of GHG emission reductions and provides key data for net-zero insurance product development.
At Claims Carbon, change is a constant. We continuously evolve as we adapt and develop new products and services to accelerate climate action in the insurance industry.
What the team does
As a Carbon Data Analyst you will be part of the Product team at Claims Carbon, and you will be collaborating and working closely with other teams within the company. The Product team:
- Envisions and develops climate software products for the insurance industry
- Owns the product backlog
- Ensures that our solutions use best-in-class data, and that our methodologies reflect best practice in market
- Uses data and sustainability insights to feed into product development and new business opportunities that deliver impact
- Supports and educates customers and colleagues on existing products and market trends.
What we want you to do
The work is centred around obtaining, analysing, and refining data needed by our software to produce CO2e emission calculations that stem from the insurance exposure of insurance companies.
Most of our clients are insurers that are facing increasing pressure from multiple stakeholders regarding their value-chain emissions. Not only do they need to report and disclose scope 3 emissions, but they also need to set reduction targets and implement actions. Development of net-zero insurance products offers a completely new field that forerunners in the insurance industry are actively looking at.
The role is interactive and investigative, and your work will be vital to our effort to set a world standard for GHG emission calculations that stem from the insurance exposure. We believe that the right candidate is a person with a strategic and analytical mindset, and a technical skillset that can:
- Gather and analyse environmental and financial datasets from data suppliers and public sources
- Develop our calculation methodology
- Build and maintain partnerships with relevant data providers
- Facilitate an efficient collaboration between the commercial team and our product team
- Review existing standards and regulatory requirements to ensure that our methodology is compliant with these.
Who you are
We are looking for curious and proactive person with a passion for sustainability and a let's-get-it-done attitude. Besides strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, we also think that you will need to be structured, have high attention to details and a soft spot for numbers to succeed in this role.
You can communicate with people across cultures, both internally and externally with clients and market, and you are able to clearly convey detailed analytical results in a broader sustainability context both verbally as well as in writing.
You are improvement-driven with an ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional teams, and you are comfortable in an agile and fast-paced, ever-changing environment. Here’s what we believe you should bring with you:
- 1-2 years of experience in the sustainability field
- Deep knowledge on climate change as well the GHG Protocol and corporate greenhouse gas reporting.
- An understanding of the climate reporting frameworks and target setting initiatives used by financial institutions, e.g. TCFD and SBTi.
- Experience from working with data suppliers like S&P, Bloomberg, Sustainalytics, MSCI, etc. is meritorious.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both visually in charts and dashboards.
- Interest and skills in working with numbers, analysing datasets and working in Microsoft Excel.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in environmental science, economics and finance, or similar discipline.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
What we offer
We offer a dynamic and remote-first workplace, with offices in central Stockholm (Norrsken House) and Helsinki (Maria 01), in a decentralised organisation that is constantly growing and gives employees a chance to develop. Knowing that employees are our greatest asset, we also make sure that they have pensions, insurance, and health benefit. We believe that employees who feel good do good!
Sounds interesting? Apply with your resume as soon as possible as interviews are held continuously.